At Severn Vineyard we want to invest in marriages in a range of different ways:
• marriage preparation - to lay foundations for the long haul
• marriage investment - to encourage going from good to great!
• marriage counselling - to deal with the tough stuff
Marriage Preparation hosted by Mal and Chriscelle Calladine
We have a 3-fold approach for helping couples prepare for marriage, with varying degrees of intensity! The first 2 of these are designed so that the processing conversations are almost exclusively as a couple, with only the mentoring element inviting input from a trusted other couple.
1. A Marriage Prep Course using the Marriage Course material. Our next course starts on April 8th 2019 for 5 evenings and you would be very welcome. The dates are as follows, April 8th and 15th. May 2nd, 9th and 16th. This course will either be held in Bristol or Keynsham depending on numbers signed up. We also run more bespoke courses for couples who cannot attend together as one lives away from Bristol.
To enrol or for more information please contact Mal on 07958 469 882 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our next course starts at Monday 12th September, 19.45pm so if you missed out on April’s, you can still join in!
2. A ToolKit Training Day, looking at the some of the best tools for maintaining your marriage at peak performance. Please let Mal know if you are interested in attending our next training day.
3. Marriage Mentoring A fantastic opportunity to journey with a married couple further down the road as you travel through the preparation & early marriage season . Initially we recommend the content of these times is unpacking the excellent Online Couples Survey - which is very effective in highlighting where expectations and assumptions may vary. A more intensive but exceptionally effective & recommended investment in your marriage.
We encourage couples who’ve been married a while to invest in their marriage on a focussed weekend away - taking yourselves in for an MOT, to see where some investment in the machinery could make a difference.
We work with a great organisation http://timeformarriage.org.uk and some of these weekends are hosted at ‘Breathe' an amazing venue in the Wye Valley only 45 minutes away run by Phil & Marianne Joiner who are part of our church community. Find out more at http://www.breatheministries.org.uk
We also particularly look to run a weekend for those who have been married a couple of years, and after the ‘honeymoon’ initial stage want to invest some more content into their marriage experience appropriate to that season. Please let us know if you'd be interested in this by emailing us and we’ll send you details.
We also offer marriage counselling if things come to a head or need to be addressed with someone from our marriage team. Contact us here if you would like to book an initial session responding to something that has flared up . We also recommend organisations like Relate, and suggest an optional similar level of donation (depending on circumstance) for these sessions.
Contact Mal Calladine: email@example.com for more information.