Come and join us at Severn Vineyard to discover more of your God-given identity and purpose.
Spend 10 months being trained and encouraged to impact your world with the good news of Jesus Christ.
You will spend time understanding the raw material that makes you, you! Discover your strengths and learn how to use them.
Get fully involved in the life of Severn Vineyard. A city centre church with a heart for social action, community and investing in Bristol and its people. You will have a wealth of teaching, mentoring, ministry opportunities and experience to draw on throughout the year.
We are excited about spending 10 months together worshipping, praying, learning and growing in relationship with our Heavenly Father.
'The internship has been an incredible year for me, a year of transformation, a year where I have really formed a deeper relationship with Jesus. The teaching and theology has been excellent, the times for personal exploration has been so valuable and the pastoral side just superb. Having the space and time to really explore what the Lord is saying to me about the next stage in my life has been life changing for me.'
What does a typical week look like?
- Tuesdays – 9-4pm will be spent together. We will have worship, prayer and devotionals led in turn by interns; an opportunity to grow in a safe place in your leadership skills. We will have some teaching sessions led by Mal Calladine, Hannah Welch and visiting speakers. Small group discussions will follow teaching, which is an opportunity to explore what God is doing and speaking to you about. There will also be opportunities to serve the church in practical ways.
- 1 day a week (day TBC) – This time will be spent developing your skills and passions through serving the church in an area you would like to grow in. We will discuss this with you during the application process. You will be assigned a ministry leader who will encourage and lead you in this area.
- Sundays – We have 2 morning services. This is a great opportunity to get involved in the life of church.
- We would look for you to serve in one of those and take part in the other, with a commitment to 5 out of 8 Sundays.
What other things do I get to do?
- There are community groups throughout the year that you can get involved in as well as leadership meetings (including a leadership day in May) and we will access the national Vineyard Institute training programme.
- You will meet with a mentor regularly to assist you in personal growth.
- We will go to the National Leaders Conference (Tues 30th Jan – Thursday 1st Jan 2018) with the Severn Vineyard team. There are also various other Vineyard conferences that you may wish to attend.
- We will have 3 retreat days together, one per term.
- There will be an opportunity to go away on a missions trip.
How much does it cost?
The cost for the 10-month internship programme is £1760. This includes your NLC ticket (including accommodation) and 3 retreats. Interns are encouraged to take up paid work part time, and to rest on Saturdays.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from anyone over the age of 18. It is not necessary to be involved in Severn Vineyard at the time of application.
The application process
Acceptance into the Severn Intern Programme will be determined by your application, references, an interview and the prayerful decision of our leadership team. Three factors contribute in determining whether it is the right time for you to be a Severn Intern:
Agreement of your most significant influencers: We want to know that the most significant influences in your life (parents, pastors, and mentors) all agree that this is the right training environment for you at this time.
Character: we always consider the extent to which you will allow the Holy Spirit to influence your ethical behaviour, we will examine this in the interview, and we will ask your referees this question.
Finances: You must demonstrate financial stability in order to be considered as a Severn Intern.
Interns are encouraged to work part time (around 20 hours per week) as long as it does not interfere with the Severn Intern schedule.
How do I apply?
There is an application form here: Click here.
To proceed with the application process, we will invite you for an interview (in person or via Skype) and ask you to complete some further questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!